These are some of the yummiest, most moist brownies ever! And the best part - you only need to dirty one bowl, which I will happily come over and lick clean.
The recipe comes from one of my favourite bloggers - www.smittenkitchen.com. That's also where you will find the salted caramel version of these brownies - I have decreased the sugar in both recipes.
Yield: one 8x8-inch pan of brownies, cut into whatever size suits your fancy.
3 ounces (85 grams) unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped (*I like the Camino organic for these)
1 stick (4 ounces or 115 grams) unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
3/4 cup (175 grams) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
Heaped 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
2/3 cup (85 grams) all-purpose flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment, extending it up two sides. Butter the parchment.
2. In a medium heatproof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until only a couple of un-melted bits remain. Off the heat, stir until smooth and fully melted.
3. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt. Stir in flour with a spoon or flexible spatula.
4. Transfer to pan, smooth out top with spatula and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 10-15 minutes (if you can wait that long!) and cut into desired pieces.