Preheat oven to 350F.
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies
70g unsalted butter
70g brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp. vanilla
90g all-purpose flour (you may substitute pastry flour)
20g powdered cocoa (I love the duBarry 70%, but Fry's will do the trick!)
1g fine sea salt
1g baking soda
150g chopped dark chocolate (use the best quality you can as it really makes a difference in the finished product)
optional: 50-75g chopped nuts (roast whole nuts first - just pop them in as the oven is warming up)
1. Cream butter and both sugars; add in egg and vanilla
2. Sift together dry ingredients and fold in to butter/sugar mixture.
3. Add in chocolate pieces and nuts if using (make sure to let nuts cool first)
4. Spoon onto parchment-covered baking tray (I use a 30 metal portion scoop - equivalent to a 1oz. portion)
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 or until edges are firm - no longer! They will look under-cooked because of all the chocolate chunks, but will cool to perfection.